January is a wrap! We are proud of our bright and determined community, and our monthly Community Spotlight newsletter will keep you informed of notable community activities. Let’s dive into some of the ways the ARK community shined during this past month.
COMMUNITY SERVICE SPOTLIGHT
Some members mentioned in the community newsletter are ARK delegates, who secure the ARK network and provide community services. Their inclusion in the newsletter is in no way an endorsement from ARK.io to vote for specific delegates, and you should always do your own research and consider all the options when voting for a delegate. ARK.io does not run the ARK Public Network.
Here’s the Community Service Spotlight for this month:
- ‘Jorma’ maintained ArkDirectory.com.
- Delegate ‘Fun’ continued to run ARK games online with daily ARK prizes. This month, check an update posted here.
- Delegates ‘Biz_Classic’ and ‘Del’ ran ARK faucets here and here.
- Delegate ‘Alessio’ continued combing through ARK code to locate and repair vulnerabilities, making progress that contributed to new Core updates.
- Delegates ‘Goose’ and ‘ArkMoon’ continue their service, ARK CSV Generator, and Income Estimator, to aid in trading and income reporting. You can input public keys to ARK addresses and get a report including fiat values. The resource does not constitute formal tax advice. This service is in maintenance right now, and will resume soon.
- Delegate ‘Jarunik’ runs a continuous coding and non-coding general bounty service, with opportunities for both smaller and larger projects. Get involved here.
- Delegate ‘Cryptology’ continued operating the ARKTippr tip bot, compatible with both Reddit and Twitter.
- Delegate ‘Cam’s Yellow Jacket’ ran a special ‘Squares’ promotion for the biggest football game of the year.
- Delegate ‘Lemii’ announced updates to the Network Monitor available at ARKRelay.com.
- ARK Subreddit mods recently improved the ARK Subreddit with a new sticky post featuring relevant links as well as the return of a sticky weekly discussion thread and separate trading thread.
- ARK.io ran a desktop wallet theme plugin contest during January, with many submissions sent for review by ARK delegates.
We've had some impressive entries into the #ARKPluginManager #design a theme #competition so far, but there's still time to get yours in. Enter before Friday to be in with a shot of winning #ARK #prizes.— ARK.io (@ArkEcosystem) January 29, 2020
Find the tutorial here: https://t.co/fG20KMFBE2#Crypto #Developers #CSS pic.twitter.com/lEQJMLbOcj
SwapSpace posted an alert that ARK is integrated into the SwapSpace exchange experience, noting a new partner InstaSwap.
ChangeNOW posted a video on how to use the ChangeNOW desktop wallet plugin.
Godex ran a giveaway on Twitter celebrating ARK’s integration with the exchange.
It's time to Toss a Coin with our #giveaway! https://t.co/Hg2HWkGvFu gives #crypto - 400, 200, and 100 $ARK to 3 random users, who:— GODEX (@Godex_io) January 14, 2020
- subscribe to @Godex_io and @ArkEcosystem
- ❤️ and RT this post
- tag two friends in comments
See the results on Jan. 21, 3 pm UTC. Good luck!✨ pic.twitter.com/F4UgajTg4X
Watch this video on how to get involved with ARK, all skills welcome.
NOTABLE REDDIT POSTS
The Ark Ecosystem Subreddit is a great place to seek ARK knowledge, and you can always find new and engaging content there. New to ARK? Check out my Welcome to ARK Reddit Post with simple instructions to follow.
Here are some notable posts this month:
- A question about exchange volume requirements
- A community call to action regarding LiteBit
- A technical support request for desktop wallet and Ledger Nano S
- A question about ARK delegates
- A request for news on Core v2.6. The date has been announced as February 11th!
- Feedback for the ARK Mobile Wallet here and here
- A question about ARK.io funding
- A request for an update on Persona, a project building on ARK Core
- A question about ARK project status
- A question about an ARK delegate service
You can browse more content and contribute your own voice to the ARK Subreddit. Who knows, you may even receive an ARK tip from a community member using Delegate Cryptology’s intuitive ArkTippr Reddit tipbot.
ARK runs monthly bounty programs for coders who contribute to our codebase on the ARK Ecosystem GitHub. Independent programmers can work side by side with our international team and make the ARK toolkit even more powerful and stable.
- Check out January’s ARK Bounty Program winners
- Take a look at January’s full development report
Multiple coders are contributing to the ARK toolkit 24/7, and you can too — it’s fun, rewarding, and you can earn ARK as well! Get started here.
If you don’t know how to code but you have ideas to improve ARK open source projects, use this video to help you let developers know.
You can also now push issues onto ARK GitHub repos without a GitHub account using the Ark.Party Discord Bot.
ARK COMMUNITY COMMITTEE
The ARK Community Committee creates and deploys community resources through anonymous and sponsored ARK donations. Completed ACC projects include:
- ArkTimeline.com — All ARK’s achievements and accomplishments in one place, searchable filterable, and linkable by the query string.
- ArkThoughts.com — Community opinions on 30 ARK concepts, including the Core, wallets, Explorer, SmartBridge Technology, and media channels.
- Crypto Trivia Night Questions — Trivia questions for the new show Crypto Trivia Night
To join the ACC, locate me on Discord.ARK.io.
ARK COMMUNITY FUND
If you have an idea for an ARK project, large or small, and you are looking for funding, consider submitting a proposal to the ARK Community Fund for review. The ARK Community Fund started as a community initiative and the elected board reviews ideas and projects that enhance ARK. Their website is ArkCommunity.Fund.
The ACF recently held elections for a new board which has five new members now. Congratulations to the new board! Additionally, they are running some giveaways on the #ark_community_fund channel of Slack.ARK.io. Join and check out the chatter in the channel.
The opportunities that ARK Ecosystem provides are ever-growing, and there are many ways you can get in on the action. To reach me, you can contact me on the ARK Slack or Discord: @ Justin (doubled1c3).
Looking forward to next month!