Today marks a major paradigm shift for ARK. ARK Deployer (alpha) is now live, giving everyone the power to create a customized blockchain in minutes using an intuitive graphical user interface. With ARK Deployer and the documentation hub, more people than ever can now harness the power of the ARK Ecosystem and leverage the potential of blockchain technology.
Introducing the ARK Deployer![***ARK Deployer**](https://deployer.ark.io) is here! With the official release of ARK Deployer (alpha), users can now set up their own fully customized blockchains with the help of an easy to use graphical interface. Not only does this release mark a major new milestone in our development, it also serves as the culmination of everything we have been building. ARK Deployer is a critical component of the ARK Blockchain Platform and we are proud to finally get it into your hands!
Dive into ARK Deployer here: https://deployer.ark.io
Meet ARK Deployer
ARK Deployer offers a stark contrast to other offerings in the industry. By combining an effortless graphical user interface with battle-tested guides and procedures, you can create, customize, and launch a blockchain, even if you’ve never worked with blockchains before.
By utilizing ARK Deployer, you gain a fully functioning, standalone blockchain, not just a token or smart contract. Your new blockchain can be molded to fit your specific industry or use-case through our extensible, modular infrastructure. Our platform includes access to well over a dozen SDKs, flexible Typescript plugins, and an ever-expanding catalog of custom transaction types to implement within any project or service.
Our goal from the start was to lower the barrier to entry within the blockchain industry and develop solutions that could be used by any project, regardless of its background. We believe that the launch of ARK Deployer brings us one step closer to that lofty goal.
Customize. In this stage, also known as the fun part, you will use ARK Deployer to configure your new chain’s properties. Use buttons and sliders along with helpful tooltips to make your way through the process in a snap. To make things even simpler, there are three levels of customization available to you:
- Basic. Receive a blockchain with properties just like the ARK Public Network, and customize identity variables like chain name, ticker symbol, and more.
- Intermediate. Additionally customize variables relating to the economic model, like block rewards, fee structure, forging delegate count, and block time.
- Advanced. Customize additional variables like server ports and database paths.
Regardless of the level you choose, you will always have the option to “Use Default” for any individual variable, to speed things up (with the exception of the first step, naming your blockchain). Moreover, whichever level you choose will result in a full-featured blockchain.
Deploy. With preparations made and blockchain parameters configured, it’s time to deploy your blockchain in the form of a genesis node and peers. The ARK Deployer Hub will guide you through the steps and show you how to:
- Deploy your chain onto the genesis node.
- Test and manage your genesis node.
- Interact with GitHub.
- Add seed peers to your network.
- Add your chain to the ARK Desktop Wallet.
- Add live forging delegates to your network.
The brand new video by Delegate Cam’s Yellow Jacket### But Wait, There’s More!
Your new chain does not stand alone. You will receive the benefits from a host of features and peripherals right from genesis block and beyond.
- Configurations for 3 networks included: Testnet, Devnet, and Mainnet.
- Intuitive blockchain explorer built into your deployment.
- Instant compatibility with the beautiful desktop and mobile wallets.
- Access to 12+ programming languages and SDKs.
- The ability to deploy decentralized Typescript applications.
- Access to help and support with the upcoming Powered by ARK Program.
Click here for the full stack of presentation slides from Consensus 2019 NYC### What’s Next For the Deployer?
We have big plans for ARK Deployer. As the centerpiece of the ARK Blockchain Platform, the Deployer will have a dedicated team to extend its capabilities and provide for a wide range of new features. Not only will your blockchain benefit from our entire suite of applications — ARK Core, Desktop and Mobile Wallets, and ARK Explorer — but we also plan to vastly expand the ARK Ecosystem of Modules and Plugins, making your blockchain more extensible over time.
Here are a few examples of some of the updates we have planned:
- Custom Module Marketplace — Discover new and exciting customizations that can be implemented into your blockchain through an easy-to-use marketplace. Are you a developer? Build and list your own modules within the marketplace!
- One-Click Deployment — ARK Deployer is easy to use, but we think we can make it even easier. By partnering with hosting solutions, we can provide a one-click deployment phase, providing automation to the final steps of the deployment process.
- Bridgechain Registration — Register your bridgechain on the ARK network and enable auto-discovery in our suite of applications and services. Join the community to help build and promote the entire ARK Ecosystem together!
- Powered by ARK Program — Gain expanded support and access to the ARK.io Team including joint development, grants, cross-promotion, and more.
Learn more about these upcoming features in the ARK Consensus NYC 2019 video presentation, viewable here (in the ‘Construct’ section, at ~24:45).
Found some bugs, having issues or want to request a new feature?
Open a GitHub issue on: https://github.com/arkecosystem/deployer/issues
Thanks to the Community
The ARK community is a driving force for everything that we do. One of the reasons we are so passionate about ARK is that we enable and empower developers from all walks of life to harness the power of blockchain technology. With the release of ARK Deployer, a major obstacle to getting started has been removed. Many hard-working team members contributed to this achievement, and we would all like to give the community our deepest thanks for your support and encouragement.
Hey, what about the final Q1 item?
ARK had three major roadmap items with an expected release of Q1 2019 (two are now completed). With the alpha release of ARK Deployer in the rear view mirror, ARK is now focusing on putting final touches on a brand new website that is informative, dynamic, and of course, very pleasing to the eye. The website will literally come to life with live integrations to things like our GitHub and new Tier 0 Program. Team members from all departments have been actively collaborating on this major roadmap item, and we will be releasing previews and teasers throughout the next few weeks leading up to the launch. Be sure to stay tuned for our next major roadmap item release, coming Soon™.