Only one month has passed since the latest desktop wallet release and already we have a new version prepped and ready to go! Many new features are included (some requested by the community) and pesky bugs have been squashed.
A big thank you to the community members and developers who reported issues and helped our team with providing solutions.
The new wallet is available for download at:
Hashes for 2.2.0. of Desktop Wallets (SHA256)
- Linux (ark-desktop-wallet-linux-x64–2.2.0.tar.gz) fbdf0c1801699c9e289a9df57d4dc89e9383141fdd49bf34161d57eec52a1369
- MacOS (ark-desktop-wallet-mac-2.2.0.dmg) 4ef739f0a0814a1b7a705a9cb792602ad3d56829f946e6d7e01c1690dcbb4855
- Ubuntu (ark-desktop-wallet-linux-amd64–2.2.0.deb) 8935a6098eb3c37af0225fd0d5bf29d87fca4ee404a835e213b48d72b4060369
- Windows X86 (ark-desktop-wallet-win-x86–2.2.0.exe) 0678bb5364c1adf02a4224283f368c7e2db31567cd2ee7de30f98d9d0e349195
- Windows X64 (ark-desktop-wallet-win-x64–2.2.0.exe) c10648633920300450dce0bcc98bfb6068135fad68c8a993a2ffc5e2a78bf711
- Linux-AppImage***(ark-desktop-wallet-linux-x86_64–2.2.0.AppImage)*** bdf2b3ed87c7343fbff38881b86a300e9f966214762cdbbb8205b7ce0d27dccb
Changes In Numbers
Since the previous release :
- 10 different developers contributing to the ARK Desktop Wallet.
- 97 new commits to the ARK Desktop Wallet.
- 140 files changed in the ARK Desktop Wallet.
- 4,997 lines of code added to the ARK Desktop Wallet.
- 1,234 lines of code deleted from the ARK Desktop Wallet.
- New profile creation page — The profile creation process has been completely remodeled. We have updated the graphics, included a solid background for better text readability and added several UI improvements that match our new design.
New profile creation pageHere is our old design — quite the change, right?
Old Profile creation design- List or Grid view of the wallets / contacts — A frequent request was an option to switch from grid view to list view within the wallets and contacts pages. This is now done by clicking on the icon in the upper right portion of the page. You can also sort your wallets in list view by name, label or balance (ascending or descending) by clicking on the preferred sorting method. You can also edit labels in the list view in the actions tab so you can more easily rename wallets if you have multiple without going into each wallet view. More updates to the list view will be coming with the introduction of multi-wallet endpoint in Core v2.1.
Grid or list view — it’s up to you- Optional profile avatar — An new option has been added for profile avatars. You can keep the current avatar or you can select the first letter of the profile name as your avatar.
You can now choose an alternative for your profile avatar- Option to broadcast to multiple peers — By enabling the broadcast to multiple peers option, each transaction will be broadcast to the 10 best peers, 5 random peers and 5 random seed peers. This drastically increases the likelihood a transaction will be properly broadcast to a variety of nodes and eliminates some vectors for manipulation. You can still broadcast to just the currently connected peer by switching this option off. This can be enabled or disabled in the settings menu.
You can enable or disable this option in the settings menu- Added ‘Add to contacts’ to primary wallet buttons — When viewing an address in the wallet, you can now add it to your contacts list by clicking the “Add to contacts” button.
You can now easily add any address to your contacts- Updated Changelly widget — We have updated the Changelly widget to a new design which will better blend with the ARK Wallet and provide a more intuitive user experience.
New Changelly widget design- Wallet heading buttons color improved in dark mode — The color of the buttons in the wallet header are improved to provide better visibility.
Before / After change- Time is now consistent in the wallet — The wallet time now matches the time in the ARK explorer. It also makes use of the “Multiple Locale Support” to display AM and PM properly. Also, you can choose between default (current system format), 12h and 24h times.
New time format option in the edit profile page- Added tooltip to network selection modal — In cases where the network name is too long, you can now hover over it to display the full name.
- ‘Send all’ toggle confirmation — When trying to send all of your funds from a specific wallet you are now prompted with a pop-up window for verification. We have also made UI improvements to the ‘Send all’ toggle for a better user experience.
Clicking on ‘Send all’ on Send modal window now prompts you to confirm you want to send all your tokens- Show vote / unvote in color — To better distinguish between votes and unvotes the colors now match those in the ARK Explorer.
Unvote in red, vote in greenThe color change also shows in the transaction information window.
Modal now also shows colors- Shows message if wallet is a known wallet — This update displays a message when a wallet is a
known wallet. A wallet gets the icon even if you import it as a contact with a different name. For example, if
binance is a contact it will still show the icon if you give it a different name. The icon is used both in the transactions table and the wallet heading.
Shows known wallets as verified addresses like exchanges or ARK’s funds.- Change the layout of the network sidemenu — The dropdown icon is flipped so that peers are listed upwards, label names are changed and added to the peer and refresh buttons, and changed the naming of connect your peer and network overview. Also added is an option to disconnect from a custom peer.
Updated Network sidemenu> Some other fixes and improvements:
- Multi-wallet endpoint — in Core v2.1 there will be new optimized API endpoints that will make our Desktop Wallet much quicker when loading multiple added ARK addresses. The new feature is already in this release of the desktop wallet and will be automatically used once Core v2.1 is deployed on the ARK Public Network.
- Major Ledger integration improvements — we have made a change in how Ledger handles wallets and calls when reloading. Speed is increased especially for users with a high number of Ledger ARK addresses. Disconnecting and reconnecting Ledger is improved so balances are properly updated. This will be most noticeable once Core v2.1 is deployed on the ARK Public Network.
- Fixed contact sorting—contacts are sorted based on name and address. Contact order will remain fixed every time the contacts page is opened.
- Added validation of network name when adding a new network — when adding a new network, the wallet will now check and alert you if that network was already added. Before, it would generate an error message.
- Fixed URI on Linux — for example, the pay now button from ARK Pay opened the wallet but didn’t create the transaction window on Linux, that has been fixed.
- Do not show transaction notifications for contacts — transaction notifications previously showed for added contacts. We have changed this to avoid confusion.
- Don’t update network config as it overwrote network change — Switching profiles and reloading networks would previously overwrite custom changes. Now when you switch profiles the custom data is saved.
- Remember transaction table row count — storing the transaction table row count on a per profile basis. The stored limit is used only on the wallet transactions page.
- Properly handle unsuccessful unvote transaction — the wallet previously hid the unvote button after sending an unvote transaction independent of whether or not the peer accepted the transaction. This has been corrected.
- United router links of create/import buttons — instead of having two separate router links we refactored the wallet create/import buttons to have only one link instead increasing the clickable area.
- Set correct icon color on warning & alternative amount fix — sets the correct color on the passphrase input component if there is a warning and sets the alternative amount to zero when there is no input.
- Fixed URI freeze that could occur in some cases — some users reported they could not fill in a passphrase when their wallet was opened through an AIP13 link (URI Scheme). This issue was because
undefinedon a network. We handle it now by setting a default
feeStatisticsproperty on the default networks that we supply in the config, and added a synchronizer service that updates this statistic every 100 blocks.
- Handle case where QR reader fails without error — the QR Reader would fail without displaying an error. The wallet would freeze, and the user couldn’t do anything except close the app. Now if the QR reader fails there is an error message and loading stops after 10 seconds.
- Added navigation to vote transactions—you can now navigate vote transactions the same as any other transaction.
- Performance increase on function “find latest transactions” — instead of sorting and then picking the latest transaction, loop over all transactions to find the latest transaction, this reduces complexity from O(nlogn) to O(n).
- Fixed the splitting of Japanese passphrases — setting your passphrase as Japanese when generating new wallet now properly display characters.
- Rename approval to vote % — renamed approval to vote % for better understanding in the delegates tab.
- Changed HKD symbol to HK$ — changed from British pound symbol to proper symbol in configuration of the wallet.
- Various other fixes, refactors, optimizations and new tests added.
If you have any features you would like to see in the wallet, make sure you open a Github issue.
I want more information about all of the other great stuff you guys are working on at the moment!
The wallet is not all we have been working on! Upcoming releases include:
- ARK Utils — a special set of functions that will further optimize the ARK Core and give other projects an easy way of integrating some of these functions within their projects (everything will be open-sourced of course).
- ARK Mobile Wallet — we are in the process of integrating the dynamic fee slider into the mobile wallet. This update should be available in the next release.
- ARK Ecosystem Bot — a custom developed bot that will help community and team developers on Github with issues, pull requests and will keep track of bounties.
I found a bug / an issue what do I do?
Please open an issue with all of the details at: