ARK Elixir is the newest family member of ARK API wrappers to interact with the ARK blockchain. As with all ARK codebase, this sports an open-source MIT licence, which promotes further development and improvements by any developers who wish to use it.
Written by community developer, Jolan Beer, ARK-Elixir is a very dynamic and functional tool based on the elixir programming language, which is great for building scalable and sustainable applications.
Elixir takes advantage of the Erlang VM, which is known for running low-latency distributed and fault-tolerant systems, while also being successfully used in web development and embedded software domain.
- ARK Elixir can be found at:
- ARK Elixir example app
- Scalability All Elixir code runs inside lightweight threads of execution (called processes) that are isolated while transferring information via messages.
- Fault-tolerance To deal with failures, Elixir provides supervisors which describe how to restart parts of your system when things go haywire, going back to a known initial state that is guaranteed to work.
- Functional programming Functional programming advocates a coding style that helps developers write code that is fast, short, and conceivable.
- Extensibility and DSLs Elixir has been constructed to be extensible, letting developers easily extend the language to precise domains, in order to increase their productivity.
- Elixir runs on the Erlang VM Elixir runs on Erlang VM which gives developers complete access to Erlang’s ecosystem, used by companies like Heroku, WhatsApp, Klarna and many more to build distributed, fault-tolerant applications.
To learn more about Elixir visit : https://elixir-lang.org