One of the most requested updates for the ARK Mobile Wallet was definitely adding support for dynamic fees. So of course we added it to our latest version, you can now set your own transaction fees from Desktop and Mobile Wallets!
It’s been some time since the last update of the mobile wallet, but the newest release if finally here. If you already have an ARK Mobile wallet you should get a notification on the available update. If you want a fresh install of ARK Mobile, you can use one of the links below.
Mobile wallets are available at:
Note: Depending on your geographical location, mobile updates may take some time before they are seen as available.
What’s New / Fixed?
- Support for dynamic fees — you can now send, vote and register a delegate with Ark’s newest fee system. You decide on how much you are prepared to pay for your transaction!
As you can see, there are 3 predefined options — min, average and max (with ‘Average’ being the default one). Note that selecting min most likely won’t get your transaction confirmed if you are going to send as 1 arktoshi fee (0.00000001) and max being 1 ARK to prevent users from fat fingering the fee and mistakenly sending an exorbitant fee.
You also have an option to input your own custom fee by simply tapping on the fee number and writing your own. If your custom fee is too low, your transaction will not be confirmed by the network and will be returned to your wallet, usually within 45 minutes.
- Better support for ARK based chains — mobile wallet now has better support for sending transactions on ARK-based chains (Phantom, Qredit, etc) by implementing some of the new checks and verification models (use epoch time provided by network, debranded peer-to-peer config, …).
- Save account balance immediately — when you selected a wallet, the balance updated, but after pushing the back button, the balance was reverted to its value prior to the update. This has now been fixed.
- Enable send button if transaction send fails — this happens when the transaction fails due to network problem (losing internet connection, bad latency, …), you now have an option to resend it again.
- Fix Smart Bridge validation on the transfer page — in the previous version, the vendor field only allowed up to 60 chars to be included, now it has been corrected to properly validate to the maximum (64 chars).
- Changed NEO endpoint — when you were sending ARK to some addresses, a lot of the times, in the confirmation screen, it said that the receiving address is a NEO address because of an endpoint change for NEO. This has now been corrected, and shouldn’t show unnecessarily.
- Fixed amounts with higher precision — transaction send page allowed users to enter amounts with precision of more than 8 decimal digits. These transactions were failing with status 400 after pressing the send button. This has now been resolved.
- Fixed multiple imports of wallet — on wallet import manual page if you press import multiple times same wallet was imported multiple times. This has now been resolved.
- Refresh not visible in dark mode—pull down refresh wasn’t working for dark mode. Hence, on pulling down to refresh users weren’t able to see “refreshing”, and didn’t even know about this feature (refresh on pull down) when dark mode was enabled. This has now been corrected.
- Cursor in search bar when search button tapped —focus shifts to search bar when search button is tapped on the delegate search page.
- Version of the Core that peer is running — in the network settings page where you can see which peer you are connected to (or change peer) you can now see which Core version that specific peer is running.
- Disable showing fiat amount when Ark value is 0 — in the previous version, when loading the profile, if the Ark balance was zero it showed it as ‘A 0$’. Since it is more appropriate not to show the fiat balance when user has 0 ARK, this has been removed.
- Improve delegate search and add 2 decimal digits in productivity — updated the search process to improve how it works, along with adding 2 decimal digits in productivity percentage on delegate page.
ARK Mobile Wallet now also available as .APK (Android) and .IPA (iOS): https://github.com/ArkEcosystem/mobile-wallet/releases
- io.ark.wallet.mobile-1.4.0.apk d0c264e1d99cd2d082556986a99ad49cc6d11dd09804a0dd71f527d8da63b075
Found a bug or see a room for improvement?
If you spot any bugs or have features you’d like to see, … let us know on: https://github.com/ArkEcosystem/mobile-wallet/issues
Are you a developer, want to help out and earn some ARK?
Make sure to give our GitHub bounty a read and get involved: https://bounty.ark.io
We can’t stress this enough!! But here goes : SAVE YOUR GENERATED ‘PASSPHRASES’ YOU WILL NEED THESE IF YOU LOSE YOUR PHONE, DELETE YOUR DATA, …— WRITE THEM ON A PIECE OF PAPER (EXACTLY LIKE SHOWN) OR SAVE THEM ON AN ENCRYPTED USB DRIVE. DON’T HAVE JUST ONE BACKUP, MAKE A FEW FOR THE WALLETS YOU WILL BE USING. IF NOT SURE, FIRST TEST WITH SMALL DEPOSITS AND WITHDRAWALS SO YOU ARE CERTAIN YOU ARE DOING IT RIGHT. PASSPHRASES ARE YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY AND IF YOU LOSE IT, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU OUT! THERE IS NO PASSPHRASE RECOVERY OPTION!