We are looking for a long term, full-time contractor and not seasonal or part-time workers. This job is fully remote and highly adaptable to your work schedule.
Here’s What We’re Looking For
- Leading our security efforts across the ARK Blockchain Platform, our products and all related technologies
- Take the initiative on researching, testing, identifying and fixing security vulnerabilities in our codebase along with architecting solutions
- Stay up to date with all the latest security threats, cybersecurity methodologies, trends and practices and be able to incorporate these into your work
- Lead on advising internal teams as to the impact of potential security vulnerabilities
- Last line of defence when it comes to the overall health and security of the network
- Advanced understanding of the V8 engine, specifically within Node.js (How does A effect B? What performance repercussions can X have? Should be able to identify performance bottlenecks, …)
- In-depth understanding of what performance repercussions certain computations/operations can have (e.g. long running streams, high capacity buffers, recurring tasks…)
- Knowledge of distributed P2P networks, WebSockets and related security best practices
- The ability to quickly pick up new technologies and get familiar with the internals of third-party tooling and libraries to understand their impact on performance or potential to contain potential vulnerabilities
- Advanced understanding of Web/Electron vulnerabilities would be desirable
- Good communication skills and the ability to summarise issues into an easy-to-understand format. A strong understanding and use of the English language is also required
- A strong work ethic and a proactive mindset
What Makes You a Good Fit
As well as your development skills there are certain qualities that will make you the perfect fit for life here at ARK. Qualities such as:
Commitment — Innovation takes time. We’re looking for a long term commitment here. Someone that we can rely on to take a project from initial plans to launch and beyond. If you’re looking for a role where you can grow, learn and work on projects that really make an impact then you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for.
Dedication, Drive, and Trustworthiness — As a team on the cutting-edge of innovation we’re looking for self-starters. We like those who enjoy using their initiative to solve problems, come up with ideas, help streamline processes and generally just get stuff done. We don’t micromanage, so we’re looking for someone that’s motivated to take charge of their own workload and deliver on their objectives.
Team-Orientated — At ARK we’re one big family, so bringing in someone new means making sure that they’re a good fit for our team. We’re looking for someone that’s team-orientated and that works well with others. This also means getting involved with all projects and taking on any task that might come your way.
Why Work at ARK?
So why should you work with us? Just in case you needed any more convincing, here are just a few of the reasons why you should come and work with us…
Be part of something special — Bored of your normal 9–5? Sick of working in an industry that no longer excites you? Or for a company that doesn’t care? Working at ARK means working with cutting-edge blockchain technology. We’re at the forefront of blockchain development, leading the way when it comes to innovation and application. If you thrive on new challenges, enjoy learning new things and relish the opportunity to work for a passionate and supportive team who are looking to make an impact, then this really is the perfect place for you.
Work wherever, whenever — At ARK we live and breathe decentralization. Working with us means working remotely, wherever and whenever you choose. Work from home, from a co-working space, late into the night, or around your life commitments. As long as you’re delivering on your objectives, we’re happy.
Competitive Salary — Of course we’re offering a competitive salary for this role which will be based on your individual talent and experience. You’ll need to be comfortable being paid in cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC) and will need to be able to issue invoices.
Upfront Payments — Tired of waiting for payments each month? Don’t worry we pay invoices for the upcoming month so you will never be at unease of not being paid!