Here's What We're Looking For
5+ years of PHP development experience, with at least 3 of them being hands-on with Laravel on Medium-to-Large Applications.
- Programming languages: PHP (PHP 7+)
- Frameworks: Laravel, Livewire
- Patterns & designs: SOLID, TDD (PHPUnit), DDD
- Databases: Redis, Memached, PostgreSQL
- Languages: excellent English communication skills (written as most of the communication is done via Slack).
Experience with TailwindCSS and AlpineJS. Interest and experience with web-based solutions that scale and work with decentralized technologies.
You will also need to be able to follow modern development standards and best practices. For example, coding standards (dependent on language), versioning standards, commit standards and test suites (if it isn’t tested it’s broken, right?).
When we say we are looking for a Senior developer we mean it in a literal way. We want you to be able to resolve complex issues, guide other developers, take part in planning upcoming features and ensure that our applications are kept up to date with ever evolving modern standards and best practices. We would also expect you to have a strong sense of ownership of the projects you are working on to ensure that the projects aren’t treated as just another client project but something that you would be genuinely interested in working on and maintaining long-term to see it grow.
What Makes You a Good Fit
As well as your development skills there are certain qualities that will make you the perfect fit for life here at ARK. Qualities such as:
- Commitment - Innovation takes time. We’re looking for a long term commitment here. Someone that we can rely on to take a project from initial plans to launch and beyond. If you’re looking for a role where you can grow, learn and work on projects that really make an impact then you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for.
- Dedication, Drive, and Trustworthiness - As a team on the cutting-edge of innovation we’re looking for self-starters. We like those who enjoy using their initiative to solve problems, come up with ideas, help streamline processes and generally just get stuff done. We don’t micromanage, so we’re looking for someone that’s motivated to take charge of their own workload and deliver on their objectives.
- Team-Orientated - At ARK we’re one big family, so bringing in someone new means making sure that they’re a good fit for our team. We’re looking for someone that’s team-orientated and that works well with others. This also means getting involved with all projects and taking on any task that might come your way.
Why Work at ARK
So why should you work with us? Just in case you needed any more convincing, here are just a few of the reasons why you should come and work with us…
- Be part of something special - Bored of your normal 9–5? Sick of working in an industry that no longer excites you? Or for a company that doesn’t care? Working at ARK means working with cutting-edge blockchain technology. We’re at the forefront of blockchain development, leading the way when it comes to innovation and application. If you thrive on new challenges, enjoy learning new things and relish the opportunity to work for a passionate and supportive team who are looking to make an impact, then this really is the perfect place for you.
- Work wherever, whenever - At ARK we live and breathe decentralization. Working with us means working remotely, wherever and whenever you choose. Work from home, from a co-working space, late into the night, or around your life commitments. As long as you’re delivering on your objectives, we’re happy.
- Competitive Salary - Of course we’re offering a competitive salary for this role which will be based on your individual talent and experience. You’ll need to be comfortable being paid in cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC) and will need to be able to issue invoices.
- Upfront Payments - Tired of waiting for payments each month? Don’t worry we pay invoices for the upcoming month so you will never be at unease of not being paid!