This privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect and process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at: http://www.knowyourprivacyrights.org/
The GDPR extends certain rights to users of the ARK website. Those rights are as follows:
- Right to be Informed – ARK Ecosystem SCIC agrees to inform all users what data we are collecting and for what purposes.
- Right of Access – All users have a right to see what extent of their personal information is being held by ARK Ecosystem SCIC.
- Right to Rectification – Users have the right to rectify any incorrect or amend any personal information being held by ARK Ecosystem SCIC.
- Right to Erasure – Users can request to have their personal data erased or redacted under certain circumstances. Circumstances may include events such as: data is no longer being used for its intended purpose, or the personal data has been possessed unlawfully.
- Right to Restrict Processing – Users can request for data to be halted from being processed in the event that data is being amended or redacted.
- Right to Data Portability – Users can request any piece of personal data given to ARK Ecosystem SCIC. Personal data will be supplied in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to Object – Users have the ability to object to their data being processed if the data is being used in a manner that is inconsistent with the stated purpose for which it was collected.
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision-making and Processing -Users have the right to object and not be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for ensuring that our policy is followed.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our DPO at email@example.com
Data Collection and use
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have collated these into groups as follows:
Your identity includes information such as first name and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time.
Your contact information includes information such as email address, or any other information you have given to us for the purpose of communication or meeting.
Technical data includes you internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us; communication preferences; responses and actions in relation to your use of our services.
We may aggregate anonymous data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous data is data that does not identify you as an individual. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal information in law because it does not reveal your identity.
For example, we may aggregate profile data to assess interest in a product or service.
However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can identify you in any way, we treat the combined data as personal information and it will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Communicating with us
When you contact us through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. This includes providing information via email updates.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
The basis on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
ARK uses a web analytics tool to analyse site usage, how our users arrive at our site, what they do on the site, what browser they are using and on what operating system.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide applicable services/information to you however this could be a period of up to 10 years. After this period your personal data will be deleted from our records.
If you wish to be removed from our database you have the right to be forgotten. Once the request to be forgotten is received ARK will remove all your details from our system within 4 working days.
Access to your personal data
To enquire about accessing your personal data, to update or rectify your data or to exercise your right to be forgotten/data removed, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
You can do so via email by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe from Communications
You may unsubscribe or opt-out of our services at any time. Where we collect your personal data, we provide you with the means to opt-out by either indicating in a check-box in your preferences settings (these can be accessed via the footer of any communications sent to you by ARK by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link), or by sending an email to email@example.com
ARK uses a number of different cookies on our site. The ARK website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize ARK pages, or register with ARK site or services, a cookie helps ARK to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same ARK website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the ARK features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the ARK services or websites you visit.
If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
Collection of your Personal Information
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
ARK does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
ARK may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to ARK, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
ARK may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on ARK or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of ARK; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of ARK, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by ARK. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the ARK website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
ARK does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, ARK may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
Changes to this Statement
ARK welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that ARK has not adhered to this Statement, please contact ARK at: